To be nominated for these positions you must file a nomination form before the deadline for nominations. The nomination form contains information about you and the position you are running for. The nomination form is can be filed using the electronic form available at https://www.studentassociation.ca/elections/ or a paper form available from the SA connect offices.
The form includes endorsement signatures. Theses are signatures of student who wish you to run for these office. Every position requires a different amount of endorsement signatures:
- For Director of Communications and Internal, you must submit a letter of reference and a number of other items.
- For Director of Education & Equity and Director of Student Experience you have to provide 30 signatures from any full time post-secondary student.
- For Educational Centre Representatives you must provide ten signatures from any students within your educational centre.
- For the Student Representative to the Board of Governors, you must provide five signatures from any full time post secondary student.
Under the by-laws you are eligible to be a candidate if you meet the following conditions:
- Be a member (either a full time student or current Board member);
- Be at least 18 years of age as of the date of ratification; and
- Not be deemed ineligible to manage the property under various federal or provincial statutes, including being bankrupt;
- Not be currently employed by the Corporation in any role’;
*if you are employed by the corporation, you will be placed on an unpaid leave of absence during the campaign and deemed to resign from part-time/full-time employment from Student Association upon election.
For Educational Centre Representatives
- you must also be registered within your Education Centre during your term.
If you are running for Director of Communications & Internal you additionally must:
- Not be an employed by the Corporation or the College during your term of office.
- Have a GPA of at least 3.0 or greater;
- Submit a letter of reference to the CRO;
- Not have discipline on file as an employee, Board of Directors Member, or candidate; and
- Must attend a session and pass a test after the session regarding the roles of the Board of Directors and the Director of Communications and Internal (this session will be held conjunction with the All Candidates Meeting).
For the position of Student Representative for the George Brown College Board of Governors you must meet the following qualifications:
- You must be enrolled in a program throughout the 2023-2024 academic year;
- You must possess a passing GPA of 2.75; and
- If your graduate prior to the end of the term of office, you can continue until you are no longer a student, however if you withdraw from the college prior to the end of your term you cease to be a member of the Board of Governors effective the day which you withdraw.