To be nominated for these positions you must file a nomination form before the deadline for nominations. The nomination form contains information about you and the position you are running for. The nomination form can be filed using the electronic form available at https://www.studentassociation.ca/elections/ or a paper form available from the SA Connect offices.
- For Director of Communications and Internal, and Director of Operations you must submit a letter of reference and several other items.
Under the by-laws you are eligible to be a candidate if you meet the following conditions:
- Be a member (either a full time student or current Board member);
- Be at least 18 years of age as of the date of ratification; and
- Not be deemed ineligible to manage the property under various federal or provincial statutes, including being bankrupt;
- Not be currently employed by the Corporation in any role’;
*if you are employed by the corporation, you will be placed on an unpaid leave of absence during the campaign and deemed to resign from part-time/full-time employment from Student Association upon election.
If you are running for Director of Communications & Internal and the Director of Operations you additionally must:
- Not be an employed by the Corporation or the College during your term of office.
- Have a GPA of at least 3.0 or greater;
- Submit a letter of reference to the CRO;
- Not have discipline on file as an employee, Board of Directors Member, or candidate; and
- Must attend a session and pass a test after the session regarding the roles of the Board of Directors and the Director of Communications and Internal (this session will be held conjunction with the All Candidates Meeting).