Director of Operations
- The Director of Operations:
- reviews financial information including the monthly financial statement of the corporation, the annual budget, the annual audit and makes recommendations to the Board of Directors on those documents as appropriate.
- reviews sponsorship requests and makes recommendations to the executive on those requests; and
- is a signing officer for cheques and contracts for the Student Association
Summary of Role of the Board of Directors as per VDAM:
- The job of the Board is to lead the organization toward the desired performance and assure that it occurs.
- More specifically Board shall:
- Determine the mission, values, strategies, and major goals/outcomes and hold the General Manager accountable for developing a staff strategic plan based on these policies.
- Determine the parameters within which the General Manager is expected to achieve the goals/outcomes.
- Monitor the performance of the organization relative to the achievement of the goals/outcomes.
- Maintain and constantly improve all on-going policies of the Board in this Manual.
- Select, fairly compensate, nurture, and evaluate annually the General Manager, who functions as the Board’s sole agent.
- Ensure financial solvency and integrity through policies and behavior. g) Require periodic financial and other external audits to ensure compliance with the law and good practices.
- Evaluate and constantly improve the Board’s performance as the governing board and set expectations for individual involvement as volunteers.
Term of Office:
January 1, 2024 – December 31, 2024
Requirements for Office:
- Must be enrolled as a student throughout their term of office with a course load of no more than fifty percent of the normal course load of a student in your program.
- Must have at least a 3.0 Grade point average.
- Must submit a letter of reference during the elections process.
- Cannot have election or employee discipline on file in previous elections, as a member of the Board of Directors, or as a staff member of the Student Association.
- Must pass a test based on session provided by the Chief Returning Officer on the structure of the Student Association and the duties of the position.
- Cannot be employed by the College during their term of office.
How to apply for this position:
To apply to be the Director of Operations fill out the nomination form at https://www.studentassociation.ca/elections/ during the nomination period of November 6-15, 2023.
The position receive a remuneration of $17 per hour for a 28 hour work week.